Sunday, December 04, 2005

First thoughts...

Well, now that I've had a little bit of time to let this all settle in. I'm going to tell you all about my reaction to this news. I bought the pregnancy test a few days again while John and I were shopping. I was a few days late on my period and just not feeling well at all. I didn't want to buy one but John insisted. So we bought one and I threw it in the closet and just left it there. I refused to take it. So finally come Saturday morning there was still no sign of aunt flow, so John was like just go and take the test! I went back and fourth about it for a while and then figured it is what it is and I'm sure I'm not pregnant. So I went and got the test out of the closet and we read the directions. I went into the bathroom and did the little pee on the stick thing and just laid the test down on the bathroom sink and walked out. It said it took a couple of minutes to process the results or whatever. So it was just laying there flashing and John went in and was brushing his teeth and stuff. I was just sitting on the bed. I was talking to John and was like does it say anything yet. Nope, Nope, Nope. Finally I was like does it say anything yet?? He just got this huge smile on his face and started to giggle! I was like what, what? What does it say? So I ran in and there it was Pregnant! I didn't know what to think or how I felt. I teared up and got really scared. I was happy but scared. I didn't know what our families would think, or how we would be able to make it work financially and stuff. I was happy, just really scared. I called my friend Jen right away to ask her how accurate the home pregnancy tests are. She was just like OMG congratulations!!! She assured me that they are pretty much like 99% accurate and the odds are I was pregnant. I could take another test and also go to the doctors to have some bloodwork done just to confirm it if I really wanted to. John and I spent the rest of the day talking about it and discussing it. He is really really excited and can't wait to tell the world. Life as we know it will be changing and no more. He says life as we know it isn't over... its just changed in a positive way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home