Thursday, October 06, 2011

Another Ultrasound & An NST....

Today we had to go for another ultrasound to check the size of the babies and also for an NST. They did the NST first which of course the babies passed with flying colors! The nurse always raves about how cooperative they are and that she loves doing their NST's. She said that there test results were "perfect" once again.

After the NST they took me and John into one of the ultrasound rooms for the growth check. Let me first start by saying that the ultrasound tech was a complete idiot! When we went into the room she asked why we were there. I told her we had to have a growth check and also a doppler. She asked why I needed to have a doppler. John and I just looked at each other like she was nuts and then I said that I didn't know why, they just told me that it needed to be done, I guess to check my fluid levels and the blood flow of the babies. She looked at me and asked why again! What an idiot!

Anyway, both babies are doing really well. My fluid levels are good and the blood flow is good. They both have great heartbeats. So it was a good ultrasound. Baby A is measuring about 6 lbs. 7 oz. and Baby B is measuring about 7 lbs. 6 oz. so they are good size babies.

After the ultrasound the tech took us in to wait for the doctor to go over the results. He came in asked us to go back to the US room because the tech forgot to get a picture of my membrane. After she did that he reviewed everything and he was happy with all of the results. He had asked if the doctors had talked about dates or anything with us and I told him no because Dr D and Dr R were on vacation so I was going to talking to them about possibly inducing me on October 14th because I would be 38 1/2 weeks like I was with the girls. He looked at us and said I would like you to go to at least 39 weeks to try to push it to October 16th. I don't know what those two days would make as far as a difference. Usually with twins they don't want you to keep them in there that long. We were both confused so we're going to talk to Dr D about it next week and see what she says.

So all in all it was a really good NST and ultrasound. The babies are doing awesome and are also both head down again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home