Monday, June 12, 2006

My baby shower...

As far as my baby shower goes, it was really nice. I was really surprised and overwhelmed with the whole thing. The story goes something like this…

Sunday morning we were supposed to go out to brunch with my mom and sisters and then my mom supposedly got called into work. So I got all pissed about that. It’s an ongoing thing with her and that’s all I’m going to say about it. So we were just going to go without her. Next thing I know I get a frantic phone call from my mom that she needs me to bring her something to work right away. So I got even more pissed! At one point as we were driving there I turned to John and asked him if this was some evil ploy to get me to a baby shower and he was like no. He asked me why and I said well, when it was time for my bridal shower they got me to the restaurant by calling me at work and telling me that my mom had just slipped and fell on ice and I had to get there right away. He insisted it wasn’t so I went with it. Then my sister kept telling me to call her, like when we left and when we got there. We were going to meet her at my mom’s work and then go to brunch like we had planned. I thought it was weird but whatever. So then we get there and end up parking a couple of cars down from her car so I called her to ask her what she was doing. Her reply, I’m still at Target checking out. I was like what, so she repeated herself again. My reply was how is that when we’re parked next to your car? She was just like Traci don’t be a douchebag and just come inside. All of the sudden, everything made sense. So of course I get all pissed and upset now. Aggravating me first thing in the morning and getting me all upset is NOT a way to try to surprise me. I’m just stressed and tired right now and haven’t been feeling well for a couple of days. So I turned to John and was like thanks a lot! He apologized and said what was I supposed to do? As we were walking in I lost it and started to cry. I said that I would have worn a different outfit or something. I just felt shitty! So I had to go back to the car to try to fix my make-up as I had black eye make-up running down my face now. I finally composed myself so we could go inside and as soon as I did and we went to walk into the room I started crying again and made a complete ass out of myself! Why was I crying? I couldn’t tell you. I just was so I felt stupid. So I was trying to calm myself down once again. Once I finally managed to accomplish that things were great. It was good to see a lot of our family and friends. There were definitely some friends that were missed though but I understand why they couldn’t make it. It was just too far of a trip. Hopefully once the baby gets here they will be able to come visit us or we will get to go and visit them. We got a lot of awesome stuff and we have an awesome support group of family and friends behind us. I will take some pictures of some of the awesome stuff we got later and post it. Not the typical baby stuff but we got some beautiful handmade quilts and blankets that I love. It was just an awesome day and they pulled it off without me knowing about it until the last minute. I’m not sure if I liked that but it’s what they wanted to do. They wanted it to be a surprise and it was. My sister made beautiful little favors with moon and star cookies in them and they had a beautiful poem attached to them. I absolutely loved them! Everyone did a great job of putting things together and planning the whole thing. Now we just have to go through everything and see what we have and what we still need and of course find some place to put it all. It was a long and tiring day but it was an awesome one…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home