Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Cat's Out of the Bag...

Today we had a little family BBQ for John for his birthday and we told everyone our good news! I had my family, his family and a couple of his friends over. We had a really nice day. Everyone came over to the house and we just hung out, talked and ate. There was plenty of food, good times and family & friends!

Everyone ate and then when it was time to sing Happy Birthday to John and blow out the candles I sent John upstairs to get the "other" cake. Yeap, that's how we broke the news. I wrote "we're pregnant with twins" put one of the ultrasound pictures on the cake and then "Happy Birthday John." When he first brought the cake down and put it on the table in front of everyone, they were all clueless. No one even noticed what the cake said or that the picture was on there. Finally John's mom told his sister Sue to go look at the cake. So she came over and read it and was like oh my god, i knew it!!! So then everyone else started to pay attention. lol. We got a lot of dropped jaws, a few congratulations and OMG, if you're happy... I'm happy! They asked when I was due and stuff and then just kind of didn't bring it up again. I haven't heard from any of them since they left that day. Kind of disappointing but it is what it is. I know it's going to be hard having 5 kids 5 and under but we will make it work.

There are a couple of family members that are very happy for us and made sure we knew it. The others maybe are just worried about us? I don't know. I've been trying not to think too much about it. I guess their thoughts and feelings on the whole situation really don't matter. We have gotten a few lectures on how hard it is going to be, etc., etc., etc. and we already know all of that. These are the things that have been keeping me up at night for the past 4 months!

I guess my family isn't as close as it once was. People change and I guess their lives go in different directions. I can understand that with friends but family is family. I hope that me, John and our kids are always very close. No matter what!

Wow, this really turned into a rambling of sorts and probably doesn't make much sense. I'm going to leave it the way it is though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home