Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our Surprise Party...

Well, today we had a surprise party for the babies!!! We had our family over so that we could reveal the sex of the babies. It was such a good time and so much fun! My dear friend Dawn from Dawn's Edible Delights made us a cake and a yummy sweet tray for the occasion. It was awesome!!! She even stayed at the party for a while to talk and hang out which I thought was very special :)

Everyone came over and we had a nice little luncheon. I had made homemade meatballs & gravy which I'm very proud of, they turned out awesome! I used 6 lbs. of ground beef and we didn't have a single meatball left!! I didn't even get any! lol. I also made stuffed shells which were very yummy. We also had potato salad, pepperoni bread & broccoli bread. I just tried to keep it simple and relaxing. My friend Heather made baked ziti & spicy sausage which were both yummy. My sister Sandy made homemade chocolate chip cookies. I also made these yummy treats that were made of saltine crackers, toffee & drizzled chocolate. I never made them before but they were a hit too as there was not one left! haha. Like I mentioned earlier my friend Dawn made a beautiful and yummy cake and a delicious sweet tray that was filled with chocolate covered pretzels, strawberries, pineapples, popcorn, oreos, licorice and marshmallows. Again, all chocolate covered and so yummy! As soon as I opened it up everyone started diving into it like savages and basically trying to fill their pockets with the treats. Yes, it was just that good!!!

So we had lunch and everyone just hung out. Then we brought the cake out and everyone was placing their bets as to what they thought the babies were. We had alot of boy/girl and boy/boy but only 1 girl/girl by Heather. John and I were just laughing because we already knew. So we each got a knife and cut into the cake. It was a two tier cake. We cut into the top layer first and pulled out the slice and it was pink for a girl. So everyone was like Oh, another girl!!! So then we cut into the bottom layer and pulled out the second piece and everyone was like, no way... it's pink!! OMG two more girls!!! It was really so much fun and such a great way to tell everyone our exciting news! Everyone's next question was about names but we're still working on them.

It was just such a great day and I am so thankful for my family <3




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home