Thursday, July 07, 2011

4th Doctors Appointment & 4th Ultrasound...

So today was a busy day with doctors appointments. First I had a doctors appointment and everything went really well there. I gained 6 lbs. in the past month which is pretty depressing but I guess the babies are playing catch-up since I have only gained 3 lbs. so far. John keeps telling me not to worry about it that I'll just take care of it once they are born but you know of course I still do. I saw a new doctor today that I haven't seen yet and she was really nice. She couldn't believe that I'm pregnant with my second set of twins and I'm going to have 5 babies 5 and under. lol. So we talked for a little bit about everything that's going on and how I've been feeling. I really need to stop getting so stressed out. It's just so hard! She found Baby A's heartbeat right away but it took her a while to find Baby B's heartbeat. Baby A's heartbeat was down low so she said she thought she was head down but Baby B's heartbeat was high up by my ribs so she thought she was breech. Both heart beats were in the 150's which was good and everything is going great! I go back in 4 more weeks and then they'll be doing the glucose screening test. Yuck! lol.

Then I met up with John and we were off for the ultrasound. We were just sitting in the waiting room talking about life. We don't get to do that much without interruptions. haha. They called us back ad the Ultrasound tech got right to work. Both babies were very cooperative today. I honestly think that it's because in the past I've eaten something sugary before going to make sure the babies were active and maybe they just got a little too active! lol. So yesterday I didn't eat anything sweet all day and i think it really made a difference. The Ultrasound tech was really nice and good at her job. She was quick and got everything they needed and all of the pictures and measurements that they missed before. Baby A was head down and weighing in at 1 lb. 6 oz. with a heartbeat of 157. Baby B was laying more sideways and weighing in at 1 lb. 12 oz with a heartbeat of 154. So both babies are doing well and were jumping around like a bunch of mexican jumping beans. haha. After the girl was done doing our ultrasound we had to sit and wait to talk to the doctor. He was explaining all sorts of crazy stuff, I was just looking at him all confused and then looked at John and said "do you understand what he is saying?" John said "yes" I said "should I worry?" he said "no, everything is fine" so I'll go with that. They want us to come back in 3 weeks to have the size of the babies checked again. Baby B had a big growth spurt and her weight jumped up alot compared to Baby A. They've pretty much been neck and neck up to this point but today Baby B was measuring 6 oz. bigger than Baby A. I'm sure everything is fine. The doctor didn't seem too concerned, he just wants to keep an eye on it. So that's what we're doing and it will be cool because we'll get to see them again in another couple of weeks.

So today was a good day and both babies are doing really well. So we are happy campers :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home