Thursday, August 25, 2011

6th Ultrasound...

So today we went for another ultrasound. Everything went well for the most part. Both babies are growing like weeds, they both have great heartbeats and they are both head down! The babies were pretty cooperative for the US tech. She got all of her measurements and everything. Baby A is now measuring 3 lbs. 8 oz. and Baby B had a huge growth spurt again and is now measuring 4 lbs. 11 oz. so that is where the doctor is concerned but not worried. The girls are in two separate sacs so they each have their own placenta, so it isn't like Baby B is stealing all of the food and nutrients from Baby A. So they just want to keep a close eye on it to see how they grow. He said it could have been something technical or with the babies positioning so that's why he said he is concerned but not worried. They are going to start sending me for weekly stress tests already starting next week and also growth checks every two weeks for the rest of my pregnancy.

I guess doctors always have to give you worst case scenarios because he went on to say I am far enough along to where if I were to go into labor they would see if they wanted to stop it or just go ahead and take the babies. He said technically once you hit 32 weeks the babies are viable so we'll just play it by ear and see what happens. My goal is to make it at least 38 weeks and then be induced like last time. That's my story and that's what I'm sticking to!

I am so not ready for the babies to get here yet. I have so much to do to get ready for them and I have no energy to do it. I've been so tired because I'm not sleeping at night because my hips have been bothering me so bad and I have to pee like every 45 minutes. So yeah... I'm just feeling huge & uncomfortable, exhausted, slightly overwhelmed and trying my hardest not to stress out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home