Thursday, September 15, 2011

7th Doctors Appointment...

Today I had another doctor appointment. It was scheduled with Dr. R. I got up in the morning and didn't feel well at all. I'm just exhausted at this point. I get up about every 45 minutes to an hour to pee at night. So I feel like I no sooner fall back asleep and I'm waking up to pee and switch sides again. My hips have been bothering me so bad this pregnancy.

Back to my check-up. I got the my appointment and the girl behind the desk was asking me how far along I was because Dr. R was tied up down in the surgical center so they wanted me to see the nurse practitioner. I told the girl I was 34 weeks but I wanted to see the doctor. Of course she was giving me a hard time about it and telling me that nurse becky can do EVERYTHING a doctor can do except deliver a baby and it's only important to see the doctors in your last month. My response was that I'm pregnant with twins so I only have about 4 weeks left and my appointment next week is with nurse becky since my 2 doctors will be on vacation and the following week I'm not seeing anyone because the doctors aren't there and I have an ultrasound and NST scheduled anyway. I really had some things I wanted to talk to the doctor about. She just looked at me like I had three heads and was like oh, ok well we'll talk to the nurse and see what she thinks. It's just getting so aggravating! It seems like every time I go to the doctors it's one thing or another. I love Dr. D and Dr. R but it seriously stresses me out big time every time I go there.

I sat and waited for a while and then they called me back. They took my blood pressure and it was good as always. Weighed me and I gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks so I wanted to vomit! I got all upset and the nurse was like it's ok, you went over a month and didn't gain any weight. The babies are just catching up now. I understand that and all but I'm still disgusted. She told me that Dr R came up for an hour only and then had to hurry back down to the surgical center so she was going to see me. The nurse took me back into the exam room and said she would be in. When Dr R came in she asked how I was doing. I told her ok, I'm hanging in there but it's getting rough. She did my pap and my Strep B test. Got the Doppler to listen for the heartbeats and found them right away. They both had nice strong heartbeats. She measured my belly but I forgot to ask her how big I was measuring. She was very rushed, I guess because she had to try to help see as many patients as she could before she had to leave again. I asked her about my left leg. It has been swelling up really bad. Much worse than my right leg. When I was pregnant with the girls Dr D sent me for an ultrasound to check for blood clots but Dr R said it's just because of my varicose veins to just keep an eye on them and make sure they don't turn hard. If they harden to call them and let them know and they they'll check them out. I also asked her about all of the pain in my right groin and right sciatic. She said it was normal and Baby A was just sitting on something (she said a name but I forget what it is)). She told me to try to lay on m,y left side as much as possible and slightly cross my right leg over my left and maybe it would loosen her up so that she would stop sitting on whatever she is sitting on. Dr R also said once she drops down into my pelvis it will probably go away.

Before she left she asked me if anyone has talked to me about c-section vs. vaginal delivery. I just rolled my eyes and told her yes, I know all about it. I again told her my plan as to what is going to happen and I've already delivered 3 babies via vaginal delivery so I'm not about to sign up for a c-section now. She told me that because of the babies positions that even if I deliver Baby A vaginal I may still have to have a c-section for Baby B. I told her I know and I've heard it all before. Thanks for the info. LOL. She then told me that in her 23 years of delivering babies that she has only had to deliver one set of twins that way. So that sounds encouraging.

So yeah, things are going really well. I have another doctor appointment next Thursday, an ultrasound to check the sizes of the babies and an NST.

As far as me... I feel craptastic! LOL. I am just so exhausted and uncomfortable all the time. I don't remember it being this bad when I was pregnant with the girls. I feel so much bigger and my hips, groin and sciatic are killing me. As much as I'm not ready for the girls to be here and to have to tackle 2 newborn babies and 3 toddlers all at once... I am soooooo ready!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home