Friday, January 27, 2006

Second doctors appointment...

Ok, so we went to our second doctors appointment today and I have to say I'm kind of upset and disappointed about it. I didn't get an ultrasound today like I thought I would, we just got to hear the heartbeat with some little machine thingy. I swore they told me I would get an ultrasound today so I was really excited about seeing the lil munchkin for the first time. I mean maybe I'm just being silly because we did get to hear a heartbeat for like two seconds, so i guess that was good thing. The doctor was just moving the thing around on my belly and you heard this little swishing noise and she was like "you hear that? that's the heartbeat" with a big smile. Then John got all excited and smiled and two seconds later she was like, ok lets go schedule your next appointment. I swear I thought my head was going to explode! They said that they don't do an ultrasound until about 18-20 weeks. That seems like so far away. I know people that have had them much sooner, like anywhere between 8-14 weeks. It just isn't fair. So I just call them the ultrasound nazis ! haha.

Anyway, so the good news about todays visit is that all of my bloodwork and everything came back fine and all of my counts are good. I had a list of questions to ask the doctor and she answered all of them. She said she found the heartbeat right away and it was really strong and sounded great. We have to go back in 3 weeks to have an ultrasound on my cervix to make sure that it is strong enough to hold the lil munchkin up there but I won't be able to see her or him. Then the following day I go back to the doctor for a whole bunch of bloodwork for my quad screening test and to go over my test results from the day before. So that's about it that I can think of right now. I would have REALLY liked to have seen her and had a picture to share but I am happy that I did at least get to hear the heartbeat, know its actually in there, and everything sounds good....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course it's really in there! what else could be in there? :p

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's John's mutant... *snicker*

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn I miss you guys!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home