Friday, January 13, 2006

It finally hit me...

So last night in the middle of the night I think it finally hit me and I came to the realization that I am indeed pregnant. I mean, I knew I was pregnant and I will tell some people I am pregnant but I think I was still in some form of denial over it. I really don't like talking about it and when people talk to me about it I get all weird about it. Anyway, I'm not quite sure why it hit me then, it just did. I was laying in bed and all the sudden started having crazy scary thoughts about being pregnant and playing the "what if" game. It is seriously enough to drive me insane! I started thinking all sorts of stuff like how will I know if I'm in labor? What if I can't make it through labor, if it is too hard? What if when the baby gets here I don't know how to be a good mom? That as motherly as I am, I have no idea how to take care of a baby and give it a bath and stuff. I mean I know how to change diapers, feed a baby, give it lots of love... but to give it a bath, clip its fingernails and stuff like that... I'm clueless!!! Its really scary to me. I had a long talk with my dad's wife today when she called me to see how i'm feeling and she said this is all normal and alot of people go through this. That once the lil munchkin is here I will be fine and it will all kick in like second nature and if I have any questions or problems I have a strong support group to go to for help. I know this is true but it still scares me. I'm sure once I go to the doctors and have my ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat it will be love at first sight and I'll be fine. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course you will be a good mom. you will be the best mom in the world to our lil peanut. and i know for me at least it will be love at first site. i love you traci....bunches

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you have so much love in you that you will be a terrific mom. It's natural to be nervous, if you weren't, that is the time to worry. As for labor...believe me, you will know when you are in labor. ha ha. I'm happy for all of you, you guys deserve the happiness! Huggles~

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home