Friday, December 30, 2005

First doctors appointment...

Last night I talked to my Grandmom and I have to say she doesn't seem to pleased with me right now. The whole marriage thing was brought up right after all of the "oh's & I see" "what are you going to do now" comments. I told her what I told everyone else. John and I are in NO hurry to get married or rush into it. We've both been there and done that. Since we both had our divorces finalized in October of 2004 marriage doesn't always work out the way we planned it to. We both planned on getting married once and that lasting us a lifetime, guess what... it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned you don't need a stupid piece of paper sitting in some states office somewhere to tell someone that you love them and are committed to them. I'm sure other people think differently than I do on this subject and that's fine. These are mine and John's feelings on the matter. Will we get married one day? I'm sure we will. But it is not on the top of our list of priorities right now and just because you get knocked up doesn't mean you have to rush into marriage. Marriage is stressful enough without rushing into it for all the wrong reasons. Again, my feelings on the matter. He will be a good Dad and I will be a good Mom no matter what. This I'm sure of. Ok, let me get off the soapbox now.

We went to the doctors today for our first visit and found out that the baby is due on August 4, 2004. That will make the lil munchkin a Leo. We kind of knew that all ready but now its confirmed. The doctor says that I'm about 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. So I'm confused. One website says 8 weeks, one website says 9 weeks. So your guess is as good as mine. I guess its just a matter of a couple of days with the end result of your birthday being August 4th. So I had to change a few dates on here according to the doctors calculations. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I wanted to hear a heartbeat or something. It still doesn't seem real to me. Aside from the fact that my boobs are getting HUGE!!! We just went over all of the families medical history, did lots of blood work, they made me pee in a cup after I had pee'd right before going to the doctors, and did an internal exam. She said I feel about 8 weeks, so I'm good. Don't ask me how that works, I have no idea. I got prenatal vitamins to start taking. I told her how I only started taking Flintstone vitamins like last week and she said that's fine. Just start the prenatal vitamins ASAP. So I will. She was complimenting me on how nice John is. That I have her approval. He's a good egg, and I know it. While we were sitting there waiting for her to come in I told John this is all his fault. He just started laughing and said I was wandering when you were going to start with that. Haha. We go back on January 27th for our first Ultrasound. So I have to wait like 4 more weeks to hear a heartbeat and stuff. I'm sure its going to be a long 4 weeks *sniffle*. I will have to have another ultrasound around 15 weeks to make sure that my Cervix is strong enough to hold the baby up there. Since the surgery I had last year, there is like a 10% chance that it won't be and I could miscarriage in the second trimester. We're not even going to think about that though. I say my prayers for her every night. Notice I say her I'm hoping that its a girl, I already have her name but no matter what it is I will love it just the same.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your boobs were already huge!
make sure that your family has my and lara's contact info when it comes to be time for your "surprise shower."
(and john has my approval too, not that it matters. you love each other and THAT is what matters!)

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John has MY approval TOO! He's an outstanding guy, and you're right, you guys are perfect for each other. No worries doll! You'll do great!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Rebekah. Your knockers were already quite noteworthy to begin with. I can only imagine them now! lol And John is a great guy; We all love you John!

I can't wait to meet your little bean. :)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home