Monday, June 30, 2008

A huge update and rambling...

I apologize for not getting to update last week. Things have been totally crazy trying to get settled into the new house and everything. I seriously can’t wait until we’re all done! Things are coming along, slow but sure.

Anyway, onto the good stuff. Last week lots of stuff happened…

Monday, I finally had to give in and start wearing my maternity clothes. My regular clothes were just getting too uncomfortable to wear. It was like one night I went to bed with not really having a bump and the next morning it was there. My belly just seemed to pop out overnight! It was crazy.

Wednesday, I officially stopped breastfeeding Aiden. It was just getting too hard to do anymore. My boobs and nipples have been killing me! I think my milk supply was really low too and he seemed to get frustrated really quickly. So now we just give him a bottle of mostly water with a little bit of apple juice in it for flavor before bed and naps. We’re going to work on getting him into his own bed and in his own room next. We bought him a really cool Lightning McQueen bed which he seems to like. We’re going to work on finishing his room this weekend and hopefully get it done. He loves the new house and is really comfortable here. That makes me happy because I was worried that he wouldn’t really like it here.

The last thing that I can think of right now is that I’ve been feeling the babies move around. It’s just been little butterflies and flutters. Although one night we were laying in bed and I was kind of laying on my side but I was twisted a little bit and one of them must not have like that very much because I got a huge kick! I was like ouch! Haha, so I had to readjust.

Aiden is so awesome and I love him so much. He’s starting to be such a little helper and he’s been doing a lot of things on his own. He brushes his teeth and washes his hands before bed every night. If you give him something and ask him to throw it away, he does. He still loves to dance! Last night John was on the phone and I was getting ready for bed with Aiden. We were brushing our teeth and everything. Then when we were done he walked out to the bedroom, shut off the TV, and went over to the bed and started patting it with two hands so that I would lift him up into bed. It was him saying ok guys it’s time for bed, let’s go. It was so awesome. He loves giving kisses and hugs. Oh, and the other day John and his friend were bringing over the washer machine and Aiden had a block laying on the steps. So I said to him, Aiden can you do mommy a favor and go get your block off of the step and bring it to mommy so that it isn’t in daddy’s way. He looked at me, looked at the steps, then ran over to the steps, climbed up like three of them and got his block and brought it back to me. It was so awesome!!!! I totally love how everyday with him is like a new adventure.

Anyway, I gotta run and get some things done and then spend some time with my favorite boy in the world. I go to the doctor’s this Wednesday for my monthly check-up. I’m interested to see what she says when she finds out I’m having twins! Next Wednesday which is July 9th, I go for my next ultrasound and hopefully the lil munchkins will be cooperative and we’ll be able to tell what the sexes are! I’m totally stoked and can’t wait. John’s dad said he thinks that it is going to be two girls. I had a dream last week and someone asked me what I thought the sexes were and I said a boy and a girl. John and I don’t really care either way, we just want the babies to be healthy. It would be much cheaper for us if at least one of them was a boy because we still have everything from Aiden. So we wouldn’t have to buy any clothes or anything because Aiden had so many clothes it was crazy! If it was two girls then we already have the names picked out and there would be no arguments over it. If it’s one or two boys I’m totally stumped and have no idea what names we would use. I had a terrible time trying to think of Aiden’s name. I love his name but it took me forever to come up with it. haha. Oh well, I guess we’ll see what happens next week.

Things are going good. Just busy as usual and time is flying by so quickly! I’m feeling much better, I’ve just been really tired lately and I’ve been getting headaches. The morning sickness that lasted 24/7 has pretty much gone and I only get waves of nausea once in a while. It’s so crazy because I still don’t believe that I’m pregnant with twins. I guess it just hasn’t sunk in yet. It’s weird. Anyway, I think I pretty much covered everything and that was a hella long update so I’m going to run now. Aiden is patiently waiting for me and being such a good lil boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home