Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Second ultrasound...

Well, this afternoon we went for our second ultrasound... the "big" one that we've all been waiting for. I have to say that the little munchkins weren't very cooperative when we first got there. Baby "A" had its legs crossed for a while so you couldn't see anything. The technician just skipped that part and got all of the measurements and photos that she needed to get. Then she went back to check in between the baby's legs and found what she was looking for. Baby "A" was waving its hands, kicking its feet and bouncing all around. Such a lil cutie pie with the cutest little feet and hands. It was amazing!!! It was taking forever for her to get all of the measurements and the photos that she needed so after she got done doing all of her measurements and stuff for baby "A" I had to get up and take a lil break. I was getting really uncomfortable and not feeling too well. I just got up and went to the bathroom and got a drink of water then she moved on to baby "B". She got all of the measurements and photos that she needed of baby "B". Then she checked out in between the baby's legs to confirm what she thought she had seen while doing her measurements. Of course after a little while the lil peanuts started doing kickboxing moves all over the place. It was awesome & crazy. They are both so active! I could feel them moving and fluttering all over the place. We got a couple of pretty good pictures to bring home. She had much better ones that she had taken but these are the ones she printed out for us. It's ok though we got to see the lil munchkins and they are both doing great so that's what matters. The ultrasound took forever today and I think we were there for like 2 hours. Both babies got a good bill of health and are doing awesome! She said they are right where they should be and they both weigh about 11 ounces. They both have nice strong heartbeats and are doing great. John and I are really happy and excited!!!

Anyway, I guess you would like to know what they are huh??? They are both baby GIRLS!!!! I seriously thought it was a boy and a girl but I was wrong… it's two girls! So I get to use two of my girl names that I've had forever. I think I had the names picked out before I even met John. Haha. Luckily he likes them! Unfortunately we're already getting a lot of slack about the one name. John and I don't care though, we'll name them what we want. Just like we did with Aiden. I personally love the names and so does John and that's what matters.

We're going to have to buy pretty much all new clothes and stuff because obviously Aiden's clothes won't work for the girls but it's all good. I'll also have to make all new receiving blankets but that's ok too. John and I are really happy, we just wanted everything to be ok and for them to be healthy. Right now everything is looking great! It's awesome because I always wanted a girl and now I got two in one shot!

This works awesome because now the girls will have an awesome big brother to take care of them and protect them. I know Aiden will be an awesome big brother. Of course there will be an adjustment period for him in the beginning because he's such a lil momma's boy but he'll be ok. I have faith in that.

We called all of our family and friends when we got done at the hospital as they were all anxiously waiting to find out what we were having. Everyone is ecstatic and so happy! It's awesome.

Here are some of the pictures from today's ultrasound. The first two are of baby "A" and the second two are of baby "B". Enjoy!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Hi my little peanuts! I'm so excited about the two of you! I can't wait to hold the both of you and spoil you! I love you!

Traci!!! GIRLS! I'm so happy for you! I love you too!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow this is so cool! I am so very excited for you guys! Love ya Debi

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home