Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Aiden’s two year check-up…

Today we had to take Aiden to the doctors for his 2 year check-up. Let’s just say it was not a fun day! His appointment was at 12:00 and I had to go into the office today because John was off so we planned on just meeting at the doctors office. Around 11 or so I looked outside and there were horrible storm clouds in the sky. It seriously looked like something out of the movie “Twister”. So I called John to make sure he had given Aiden some Tylenol and that they would be leaving on time. About 20 minutes later the sky opened up like crazy and it was raining sideways!!! I left the office and of course didn’t have an umbrella so everyone at the office was laughing at me because there was no way that I wasn’t about to get soaking wet. I called John once I started heading over to the doctors office and told him about the weather. He said that they had already left and they were on their way but that it wasn’t raining where they were. He said you could see lightning and hear thunder in the distance but no sign of rain. I told him it would be there don’t worry. I got to the office first and it was still pouring rain so I ran into the office and got soaking wet! I signed Aiden in and John pulled up out front right after so he ran Aiden up to me really fast so that he didn’t get too wet. Anyway, enough about the crappy weather.

We sat in the waiting room waiting to be called back to the room. Aiden was fine in the waiting room, playing with the busy beads and watching the fish swim in the fish tank. As soon as the nurse came out and said his name and it was all down hill from there. We went back into the room and stripped him down to his diaper so that the nurse could weigh and measure him. He of course screamed and cried. He now weighs 30 lbs. 5 oz. and is 36 1/2 inches tall. So he’s in the 90th percentile for his height and the 75th percentile for his weight. So he is doing really well with that and is just a bit taller than most kids his age. I’m not surprised because John is really tall. Anyway, she left the room and said the doctor would be in shortly. We waited and waited and waited. I just don’t understand why they call you back into the room, have you strip you’re your kid down to their diaper, and then leave you sitting there when the doctor is no where ready to come in to see you! Aiden was crying and hysterical the whole time so John was getting upset. I told him not to worry, every kid there was crying and didn’t want to be there… you could hear them from the other room. The doctor eventually came in to check him out (of course while he continued to be hysterical). He said that Aiden has a great set of lungs on him (LOL), he’s got a great heart rate, and he has all of his teeth (including his 2 year molars). His height (95th percentile) and weight (75th percentile) were good and everything was just good. He gave Aiden his flu shot and we were on our way. Luckily we don’t have to go back again until he’s 3 years old. So John and I are happy and Aiden is doing really well.

Luckily by the time we were leaving the rain had seriously slowed down a lot and it wasn’t as bad. I went back to work and John brought Aiden home for some more Daddy & Aiden time and after watching movies and playing for a while Aiden took a really long nap! He had a really rough day! Haha. He gets himself so upset over nothing and I just don’t know why he does it. John does the same thing though, so I guess he not only gets his temper from his daddy but that as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home