Thursday, August 28, 2008

5th Doctor’s Appointment…

I went to the doctors this morning for my monthly check-up. I’ll right about the good stuff first and then I’ll go on a little bit in a rant. Everything is going really well with the girls and they are both doing great! They both have nice strong heartbeats and my measurements and everything were good.

When I first got there I ended up sitting in the waiting room for over an hour just before I got called back into the room. The nurse seriously pissed me off! She weighed me and when I looked at the scale and was like OMG did I seriously gain ___ pounds??? She replied, well actually it was ____ pounds. I said, OMG that’s a lot… isn’t it? Her reply was, well yeah for one month it is. She seriously couldn’t just write the extra pound in my chart and leave me thinking it was only ____ pounds??? I was so pissed I wanted to punch her right in the face! You could tell I was obviously upset about it already and then to act like a total bitch (mostly because of the way she said it) just really pissed me off. So then she stuck me back in the room to wait for the doctor. My blood pressure was good and everything. So the doctor finally came in about 20 minutes later. We talked about the weight gain and she said it was ok for the month because I was a little behind from not gaining weight in my previous months but I just want to make sure I don’t gain that much in the next 2 or 3 months. I’m about even where I should be now.

We also talked about the whole c-section thing again. This was a different doctor in the practice that I saw this time compared to my last couple of visits. Of course it sucked because John wasn’t with me. My mom had to work and couldn’t go in late so he stayed home with Aiden. Anyway, we were talking about how at my last ultrasound baby “A” was breech and baby “B” was transverse. I asked her if there is anything I could do to get the babies moving to where they should be so that I can avoid a c-section. I explained to her my reasoning and how it is a much harder recovery because it is major surgery and I have a very rambunctious 2 year old and then have two newborn babies I just don’t know how I would be able to do it. John is going to take 2 weeks off of work to help me out when they come but still. It’s going to be rough. So anyway, I went on to tell her that if the babies or myself were in danger I would of course give my consent for a c-section but other than that I won’t. She said she understands my reasoning BUT now days most twin births end up with a c-secetion. Then she went on to give me a couple of different scenarios of what could happen. The one was that if baby “A” moves to be head down that I could deliver baby “A” vaginally but then if baby “B” gets distressed I would end up with a c-section anyway. She said the recovery from a c-section is much harder after a long labor than the recovery from a scheduled c-section. Plus the fact that then I would have to recover from a vaginal delivery as well as a c-section. The second scenario was that I would go into labor and not be able to deliver either baby vaginally and end up with an emergency c-section which puts us again into the recovering from a c-section after a long labor being a much harder recovery than a scheduled c-section. Or I could just schedule the c-section and not go into labor and just have to recover from a planned c-section. This all really bothers me big time! I do not want a c-section unless it is absolutely necessary! I called John as soon as I left the office and told him everything that we talked about and he said not to worry about it. We’ll see what happens at our next ultrasound and then when I go to my next appointment I will talk to the other doctor which I’ve never seen and see what she says. My next appointment will be in 4 weeks and that is when they are going to do my glucose test. They already warned me it is going to be a long visit which I already know from when I was pregnant with Aiden. Not with the doctor but waiting for the nasty stuff to set in or whatever before they do my blood work to check my sugar level. That stuff they make you drink is so nasty! Last time I was gagging on it the whole time I was drinking it down and I drank it as fast as I could. So I’m totally not looking forward to having to go through that again but I know there is no avoiding it.

So basically that is everything. The girls are doing awesome which is great and I’m doing really good as far as all of my stuff goes. The only thing that I’m unhappy with is the whole c-section thing. I guess that I’ll just have to do some serious soul searching because in the end unless it is a true emergency I have the right to refuse a c-section. I’ll also give it some time to see what happens and if the babies turn around to the head down position.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Don't let little things get you down. You are doing excellent and that nurse is just a bitch...LOL The girls are doing good and oh by the way you are a terrific mom! I love you!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home