Friday, October 31, 2008

T.G.I.F.

It’s been a rough week and I’ve been feeling pretty crappy. I’m just so tired and uncomfortable. I had an appointment today at the radiology place to have that leg Doppler thingy done. It was like the worst day! I went in for my appointment and they called me back. Then it took forever for the girls to call the doctor’s office to confirm that they were supposed to test my legs because the doctor apparently didn’t specify it on the referral and they couldn’t take my word for it. So they finally came back and took me into the room. The tech was a total jerk with no bedside manner or compassion. I had to lay flat on my back for her to do the test which is all fine and good if that’s the only way that they could do it. She proceeded to put the ultrasound gel from my ankle to my groin and had to keep pressing the Doppler on different parts of my legs and squeezing my leg at the same time. I guess it was to make sure that once blood flow stopped it started again? Anyway, there was a point where she started pressing on my belly and I was like WTF!!! So she was like oh, I’m sorry I forgot you were pregnant. I was just laying there like you have to be kidding me. I look like I’m about 11 months pregnant at this point! She finished my right leg and went onto my left leg. She soaked me with the ultrasound gel from ankle to groin again. She was doing the same thing, going up and down my leg with the squeezing and pushing. A couple of times she pushed on my belly again and when I jumped she would say… I’m sorry, force of habit. She finished the test and was like we’ll send a report to the doctor by the end of the day and they’ll go over the results with you. Then she proceeded to finish up with just clean your legs up with the drape, get dressed, and I’ll meet you in the hall to show you out. Now remember I’ve been laying flat on my back for like a half hour now if not more. Before I could say anything she was gone and out the door. So there I laid like a turtle stuck lying its back trying to figure out how I was going to sit up and get up off the table. I don’t know if I was more pissed or upset. I hate how huge I feel and that I can’t do a lot of simple things by myself right now. It’s like I just don’t and can’t bend in half because my belly is so big. I need help doing a lot of stupid stuff like putting my socks on or trying to dry the lower part of my legs after I get out of the shower. I just feel stupid and helpless. Anyway, I finally got myself up, cleaned myself up the best I could and got off the table. I did it with much difficulty but I did it, got dressed and I left.

I had to go back into the office after I was done my appointment. When I got there I was so hot. My office felt really stuffy and warm and anytime I would ask anybody about it they would say no, it’s fine in here. So the day went on and I just wasn’t feeling well. By the end of the day I was seriously sweating and felt like I was about to throw up! I was getting terrible cramps and pains in my belly. All I could think of was like, oh no this is it and I’m not ready yet! I just sat there drinking water and trying to relax because I still had to drive home. As soon as I started feeling better I left. I called John and told him I was on my way home so he would know.

We tried to get Aiden dressed to go trick or treating but he didn’t want to. So we go him dressed and managed to snap a couple of pictures but didn’t go out. We ended up going to my sister’s house for dinner and just hung out for a while. I still had pains in my belly and pretty bad cramps. At this point I don’t know if I’m going to make it through the weekend without the girls showing up. I guess we’ll see what happens…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home