Wednesday, October 22, 2008

8th Doctor’s Appointment…

We went to the doctors today for our two week check-up and everything is still going really well with my pregnancy and the girls. I only gained 1 lb. in the last two weeks, so I was happy about that. My blood pressure was really good and I’m now measuring 41 weeks pregnant. I wonder how big that is? I’ll have to pull out the measuring tape and see.

Anyway, Dr. D made a comment about how big the girls are measuring according to the ultrasounds. I’m not worried about it because Aiden measured “big” my whole pregnancy and they swore I wouldn’t be able to deliver him because he was going to be like a 10 or 11 lb. baby and when he was born he was only 8 lbs. 9.6 oz. so they were very wrong. The girls might just be long like Aiden was.

John and I asked her a couple of questions about different things that have been going on with me. One of them being how bad my left leg and foot will swell up. It’s crazy because it will only swell on my left side from my knee down to my toes and no matter how much I keep my feet elevated and stuff it will stay swollen like that for a couple of days and then it just kind of dissipates. I also get numbness in my foot and pins and needles in my left foot when it happens. It has happened to me like 2 or 3 times. So she checked my legs and feet and said she wants to send me for a leg doppler to check for any blood clots or anything Just to rule it out and make sure that there isn’t anything going on. So I have to go and have that done next Friday. I also asked her about the “clicking” or “cracking” noise that I hear everyone in a while coming from my belly when the girls are moving around. She laughed at me and told me it’s impossible. Haha. I told her that John has heard it so I’m not lying, it’s true. She just laughed and said that she’s never heard of that but John and I are weird so maybe that’s why. We also talked about the position of the babies and I told her that at my last ultrasound they were both head down. Well, at least baby “a” is head down low in my pelvis and baby “b” is as head down as she can get with the amount of room that she has in there. Dr. D said that’s great and if they stay in that position we can go ahead and proceed with a vaginal birth and hopefully when baby “a” comes out baby “b” will either fall head down or they will be able to turn her to a head down position for her to come out. I was shocked because Dr. D seems like she always wants to do c-sections because it’s easier, more convenient, and stuff like that. She’s the one that once we found out I was pregnant with twins she said we would just schedule a c-section once the babies hit full term (37 weeks) so I wasn’t uncomfortable. Which I thought was ridiculous and would have refused it but I’m happy that there was no discussion of a c-section this time and she seemed pretty confident with me being able to have a vaginal delivery. Oh, and she found the girls heartbeats right away and you could definitely tell they were two different heartbeats. She just asked what the position of the girls was last time we had an ultrasound was and John showed her where the heads were and she found the heartbeats right away. They were both good strong heartbeats.

I go back in another two weeks for my next check-up. Dr. D said that she’ll do my Group B Strep test at that point. Then I start going for my check-ups every week until the girls decide to make their appearance. That same week I’m also scheduled to have my next ultrasound and to also start having my non-stress tests. I wonder if I’ll make it that long or if the girls will show up before then?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Traci. I found your blog on Dec PW board and dropped by for a look, being an avid journaller myself!
Just wanted to say that I have had the clicking sound come from my belly too, and so have some of my friends, so you are not alone! I had it most with my second pregnancy, but have heard it once or twice this time too. I have no idea what it is, but it does happen!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home