Sunday, October 12, 2008

My dear baby girls...

I’m sorry that I have been such a slacker with writing to you both and trying to keep up with your blog. Your big brother keeps me really busy and then with mine & daddy’s work schedule and us trying to get things ready before your arrival it just seems like there is no time. It seems like just yesterday that I found out that I was pregnant and then once we found out that there was actually two of you in there, well it just seems like a blur since then.

Anyway, this weekend daddy and I cleaned a bunch of stuff up and worked on getting things ready for you both. Both of your cribs are totally set up and I just have to finish washing your crib bedding. We got your dresser for your bedroom. We are going through all of the blankets that I made for you girls and picking out our favorites. Mommy got a little carried away with making flannel receiving blankets because I couldn’t decide which fabrics I liked best. I honestly think that I’ve made like 75 blankets. Haha. You girls have everything from puppy dogs, to stars & moons, hello kitty, care bears, tinkerbell, teddy bears, tattoo print, skulls, princess themed, pink & purple camouflage and so much more. I just loved all of the fabrics and I couldn’t decide. So needless to say I’m not going to have to make receiving blankets for quite some time. We went through a bunch of clothes that people have given us and that we bought and now I just have a ton of laundry to do! I want to have your nursery finished today but it might be more like by Wednesday or maybe Saturday at the latest. It’s going to be a really busy week for mommy and daddy. I just want to have everything ready for you both.

You girls are due to make your appearance in a little over 7 weeks but I don’t think that you are going to wait that long. I think that you are going to show up early! Daddy and I were talking and saying how awesome it would be if you showed up on Halloween. Wouldn’t that be cool to celebrate your birthday on Halloween? I would be almost 36 weeks pregnant at that point so I would be pretty far along for carrying twins. Just a lil something for you two little lovebugs to keep in mind, Halloween is also daddy’s favorite holiday.

You girls have been the biggest squirm monsters ever lately!!! You both move around so much and I have to say sometimes I get a little freaked out about it. I seriously can’t imagine what the heck you’re doing in there! Hopefully you girls aren’t fighting already. I know how crazy sisters can be I have 3 of my own. It isn’t just the usual kicks or punches. That really doesn’t bother me. It is something weird, like very fast and fluttery but VERY noticeable movement or something. I can feel every little squirm of it from the inside and sometimes it actually makes me feel a little nauseous. I honestly can’t describe it. It’s just really weird feeling to me.

Anyway, everyone is anxiously awaiting your arrival & so excited that you’re going to be here soon. There’s only 7 weeks and 2 days left until you get here. That is if I make it that long, which I don’t think you girls will. What are the odds of you waiting until December 2nd??? I’d say slim to none. I’m sure that you girls be early. Just remember Halloween would be a cool birthday. I love you lots and I'll be seeing you before you know it.

Love,
Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home