Tuesday, September 23, 2008

10 weeks and counting…

Well, as of today I officially have 10 weeks until my due date. It’s crazy how fast this pregnancy flew by! People keep telling me that twins come early so I guess the girls could decide to come in like 7-10 weeks. I say 7 because the doctor said that twins are considered “full term” at 37 weeks. I’m going to keep these lil girls in there baking as long as I can no matter how uncomfortable and miserable I get. Haha!

We’ve been getting stuff done around the house in preparation for the girls arrival. I’ve been going through the stuff that we already got for them. Trying to figure out what we still need and everything else. John brought the crib into the house over the weekend and put it together. So things are moving along slowly but surely. There is such a huge rush of emotions right now! We’re excited yet really nervous about it.

It’s crazy because I still don’t know if I’m ready to have two newborns around the house. John’s just like “well, you better get ready!” haha. He takes everything so calmly. I know that this is awesome and we’re truly blessed to be pregnant with not only one lil girl but two!

One of my concerns is that I really feel bad because I feel as if I’m going to be taking something away from Aiden. He still seems so little and young to me. I’m not going to be able to give him all of my attention anymore or spend the time that I have spent with him for the past two years. I don’t think he’ll understand. I’m going to have to split my time between him and the girls. I just hope that he adjusts to having them around and doesn’t get too upset. We’ve been trying to talk to him about the babies and his sisters and when you say anything to him about it he just says “noooooooooo”. I ordered a big brother book off of Ebay the other day and we’ve been trying to have him help us in the nursery setting things up. We’ll talk to him and say this is going to be your sisters room and stuff trying to get him used to the idea of it. Hopefully he’ll mature a lot in the next two months. I’m sure it will all work out it will just be an adjustment period. I just worry about everything.

Other than that things are going well with my pregnancy. I’m just exhausted and uncomfortable as usual. The girls move around like crazy! I go to the doctors on Thursday for my monthly appointment and I’m sure things are still going really well.

It’s been a rough week because Aiden has been sick since Saturday night. He’s been running a high fever and just not feeling well. He started throwing up on Monday night. He’s just exhausted and hasn’t been sleeping at night or napping, I guess because he feels so yucky. He really hasn’t been eating much either. I try to get him to eat toast or crackers and make sure that he has plenty of fluids. I just feel so bad for him because it’s like he’s inconsolable. I called the doctor and he said to give it another day or two and if he isn’t feeling better I would have to bring him in. I just hope that he feels better soon. It breaks my heart to know that he is hurting and not feeling well. Yesterday John came home from work early to help me out with Aiden because he was sick and just so upset so I was very thankful for that. Aiden just wanted to be held and rocked all day and he’s just too heavy for me to hold for any long amount of time. At one point Aiden got really upset and was hysterical, I honestly don’t know what set him off and I was trying to comfort him and stuff and he wanted nothing to do with me. John kept yelling at me saying that I can’t hold him and carry him around. So needless to say I ended up in tears. So there was me crying my eyes out and Aiden crying his eyes out and poor John standing there trying to calm us both down and console us. So yeah, it’s been a really rough week but hopefully Aiden will feel better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home