Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sixth doctor’s appointment…

Today we went to see the doctor for our monthly check-up. I had to do the glucose test. Let me just say, that stuff was nasty!!! I had to drink a mixture of what I swear was pure sugar water. It was bad. I drank the first cup as fast as I could and then went for the second cup. I had an audience of people watching me and making me all nervous so needless to say when I was trying to drink it, it started dribbling down my chin and in between my boobs… all over the place! So I had to go in the bathroom and try to wash up a little. We had to sit for an hour before they could do the blood work. We sat for a while and I started to feel really sick! I tried to take a nap but it didn’t work. We got called back to see the doctor and that helped to make the time go by faster. She said everything is going great. My blood pressure is good, the baby’s heartbeat is good, I am still doing ok as far as my weight gain. I think it’s too much but her and John beg to differ with me. She measured my belly and said I am measuring “big”. So I got all upset about that. She is sending me for another ultrasound to check the placement of the placenta and stuff. We go for that on the 23rd. She said she’s interested to see how big the baby is actually measuring. I hope he isn’t too big. I have to wait for the blood work to come back for my glucose test, hopefully everything will be good with that. Then we go back in two weeks for our next appointment. We’re getting there fast. I can’t believe another week is here and gone!! I hope my “nesting” phase kicks in soon because I have so much to do! Haha.

We also went for our 3D ultrasound appointment this evening. Let me just tell you, it was amazing!!! Aiden wasn’t too happy once again about having his picture taken but we got some great shots! A lot of them were of him trying to cover up his face and hide from the camera. The first picture she took was the one to check gender, just to make sure it was a boy. She said, "yeap it's definitely a boy. There are his testicles and penis, he’s all ready to go and not being shy about it”. We weren't sure what she meant by that but there was something definitely between his legs! He has the chubbiest lil cheeks and big lips. He definitely got them from my side of the family. We all have big luscious lips. It was adorable because all through the ultrasound he kept sucking his bottom lip in or chewing on it. He kept squishing his face up against my uterus as if he pushed hard enough he could get out or hide or something. Who knows what this lil man was thinking but he was adorable. He has an adorable lil button nose and is just as cute as can be. I posted some of the pictures in his online photo album. It was so awesome just watching him move all around, waving his hands and feet around. We think at one point he was trying to open his eyes but he didn‘t. There is a cute one of him with a little smirky smile. John and Sandy said he had gas. Haha. John of course had a huge smile on his face, ear to ear the whole entire time. We were trying everything to get him to move around and get his hands away from his face but he wanted nothing to do with it. I guess he was too tired. We saw him stretch out a couple of times like we were boring him or something. Haha. Of course as soon as we were done the ultrasound he started jumping around like a madman and hasn’t stopped since! Anyway, it’s late and I’m tired. I will post a couple of the pictures below but more can be found here. I’m exhausted and all about going to bed…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so amazing to see them in there, isnt it? I cant wait for you to hold him in your arms!!!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home