Monday, July 31, 2006

Decision made...

I have decided to stand by my original decision not to have the elective c-section. That’s what I’m calling it because there is no medical reason for it. I don’t by that the baby is too “big” bullshit! From what I’ve read and heard those ultrasounds are wrong all the time. John and I have talked about the whole c-section thing all weekend and I am not going to let my doctor try to bully or force a c-section on me especially BEFORE my due date. Especially, since she has no medical reason for it. As I said before if there was a true medical reason for it and that either myself or the baby was in danger I would do it but there isn’t. The ultrasound that we had a couple of weeks ago said he was measuring around 8 lbs. 1 oz. and he still had 16 days until his due date which is August 4th. The doctor wanted to schedule me for a c-section tomorrow or Wednesday without even letting me go until Friday. Like I mentioned before she got a lil pissy when I asked her to give us until at least Monday. I honestly think (I’m not 100% positive though) that she is going on vacation and just wants to do it before she goes. Even if he is a “big” baby, I want to at least try to go into labor on my own. All weekend long I've been drinking my red rasberry leaf tea and taking my evening of primrose oil. I also started using my new Birthing ball. So hopefully it will help and Aiden will start working his way down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well since today is the 5th. I hope you, Aiden & John are all doing well!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly hit the keyboard...

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home