Friday, July 28, 2006

Thirteenth doctor’s appointment…

Well, this morning we went to the doctors for our weekly checkup and I am not very happy about it. We sat there waiting for the doctor forever, so John was getting stressed about it because he had to get back to work. I kept telling him that he could go back to work that I didn’t mind. He didn’t though, he stayed with me the whole time. I was so happy that he did! The doctor came in and listened to Aiden’s heartbeat and it was excellent, nice and strong. Then she did my internal and things are not looking good. I am still only 1cm dilated after being at 1cm for about 4 weeks, not much going on with my cervix, and he is still sitting really high. She’s worried that he’s too big and he isn’t going to drop down and I won’t be able to deliver him. Then she wanted to talk about me getting a c-section early next week because they are worried that he is going to be too big to deliver and doesn’t think I should go through labor only to end up with a c-section. We are not happy about this, especially not me. When John tried to ask about it she was very adamant about scheduling me for a c-section next week, even before my due date. I have a few problems with this. I want to deliver Aiden with natural childbirth, the good old fashion way. Obviously if there was a true medical reason for me having a c-section, I would say go ahead and do it. There are too many “ifs” in her reasoning. The ultrasounds are not always correct when they use them to determine the size of a baby. I’ve heard of a lot of people getting c-sections because they are going to have a “big” baby and then end up only having a 7 or 8 pound baby. I would be furious if this happened to me!!!!! I asked her to let me wait until at least my due date to see if I could deliver him on my own and she seemed annoyed about it. Then John and I said well what if we waited until August 6th to give me a couple of more days and she was like why would you wait when you can have him next week??? So finally we told her we would think about it over the weekend and she wants us to call her Monday to schedule a c-section. She doesn’t even want to try to induce me, just do a c-section. I don’t know what to do. I told John that I think I am just not going to call her on Monday. This weekend I am going to start drinking the red raspberry leaf tea and the black cohosh root tea (thank you Joyce!!!), take evening of primrose oil, walk, and do everything else I can think of to try to get myself to progress some. This was not the news I wanted to hear today. All day I’ve been depressed and upset just thinking about it :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home