Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10th Doctor’s Appointment…

Today I had my 37 week check-up with Dr. R. I can’t believe that the girls are still hiding out in mommies squishy little apartment! They have to seriously have no room in there and I would think be quite uncomfortable. There is still no sign of them coming anytime soon. Everything is going well. They both have nice strong heartbeats which the doctor found right away. I gained a little more weight than I would have liked but she said it is probably just me retaining water. My feet and legs are really swollen again. She measured me and I’m measuring in at 43 weeks, which she said is where I belong. I think I’m going to have John measure my belly and see how big that really is. I feel like a beached whale!

She asked me if we have a date set up yet for an induction or a c-section. I told her no that Dr. D had mentioned an induction last week but said we would talk more about it in the next 2 weeks. So we talked about the position of the babies and I told her that they are both head down but they are off to the side towards my hip and not in my pelvis area. She said hopefully they moved down to a better position this past week. She tried to feel around my belly to see where the heads were and she said it seems like baby “a” and baby “b” are in a fight to see who gets first position. Haha. She said it felt as if baby “a” won and was down in my pelvis area. I go tomorrow morning for a follow-up ultrasound from last week, so I guess we’ll find out then.

She had also asked me if I had anyone donate blood on my behalf for incase I need it. This was the first I’ve heard anything about this so I looked at her like she had 3 heads! Apparently, the reasoning for this is because when I had Aiden they couldn’t get me to stop bleeding for a while and they kept having to give me some sort of shots (I forget what they were) to get me to stop bleeding. Well, since that happened with Aiden and now with me being pregnant with the twins and my uterus being so stretched out she said I have a high chance of it happening again. So she suggested that I should have one of my sisters donate blood on my behalf so the hospital will have it just in case I need it. I asked my sister Sandy if she would do it and she said she would. So I have to call the Red Cross to find out how I go about doing that.

I have another appointment scheduled for next Wednesday, unless the girls decide to show up before then. Dr. R said that they will check me then to see if my cervix has started to thin out or if I have dilated at all. She also said we will talk about the induction or c-section at that point to see about scheduling one or the other. I guess the deciding factor will be on the position of the girls and what’s going on with my cervix. I’m still going back and forth about if I want to do an induction or if I just want to wait and let them come out when they are ready. I’m just so torn about what to do.

I think that was everything or at least it’s all I can remember right now. I have such horrible pregnancy brain it’s insane! I go tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and NST. Hopefully they will be able to get a good shot of baby “b’s” head and hopefully everything is ok. So I won’t be worrying about whether or not they saw a blood clot or brain hemorrhage in last week’s ultrasound. I’ve been praying that it was just bad positioning and a bad angle!

On another note… tomorrow night is a full moon and apparently a lot of women seem to have their water break and go into labor when it is a full moon. Here is an article with the reasons why The Moons Effect on Natural Childbirth It was interesting reading. But I don’t know if I believe it or not. It would be cool if I had the girls tomorrow because it’s the 13th and that’s my lucky number and stuff but at the same time I’m just not ready for them yet. I still have to finish setting up the nursery and stuff like that. Sometimes it feels like I’m never going to be ready for their arrival.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avery, my oldest, is taking a child developement class. They showed a film yesterday on a women pregnant with sextuplets. He mentioned he was huge and when I mentioned her needing a c-section, he said no, she had them vaginally. I don't know if he his information wrong or what...

Just wanted to share.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home