Monday, November 03, 2008

9th Doctor’s Appointment…

This afternoon I started going to the doctors for my weekly check-ups. Everything is still going well. I gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks, so I was a lil upset about that. My blood pressure was good, my urine test was good. She asked me if I went to have the leg doppler test done and I told her that I went on Friday and they said they would fax her a copy of the report by the end of the day. Of course it wasn’t in my file so she was a bit pissed about that. Dr. D asked me if I still feel a lot of movement from the girls. I told her that sometimes they will get pretty quite for a while but eventually they start kicking me again. She said if that happens again to eat or drink something sugary and try to wake them up and if they don’t wake up to call her right away. So of course I will start paying more attention to it. We also talked about what’s been going on and I told her about how I was having such bad pains and cramps on Friday and I described them to her. She checked me to see if I was dilated or if my cervix was getting soft and both were a big fat no! She said there is nothing going on down there so all of my contractions were for nothing. Haha. She did the Group B Strep test so I guess I’ll find out the results of that next week. She asked me if I started going for my weekly non-stress tests yet and I told her no, not until tomorrow. I’m scheduled to have an ultrasound and then the non-stress test.

We talked a little bit about how long these girls are going to stay in my belly baking. I’m starting to think they might go all the way if given the chance. Dr. D said that there is no reason to keep them in there past 38 weeks. So next week we can see what’s going on and then discuss possibly doing an induction. Then I would go into the hospital in the morning and they would induce me. I would have the babies sometime during the day. I’m going to have to do a little research on it and see how an induction goes and what it is all about. I don’t want a c-section and she knows that for sure. I told John that I honestly want to look into the induction and consider it. I say that just because if we went that route John would be able to be home for Aiden to put him to bed at night and everything. I wouldn’t have to worry about going into labor in the middle of the night or anything like that. So I wouldn’t be so worried about John not being there for Aiden or Aiden being upset that neither one of us was there during the night. John and I talked a little bit about it and I’m going to research it a bit, ask around about it, and see what happens in the next week.

Like I said before I go for an ultrasound and my first non-stress test tomorrow. Then I go back next week for another check-up with the doctor. So we’ll see what happens. It doesn’t look like these girls are going to make their appearance anytime soon!

Oh, and before I left she found the test results from my venus leg doppler and everything came back ok and there are no blood clots. So that is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home