Wednesday, November 05, 2008

An update from yesterdays ultrasound…

Today I heard back from Dr. D and she spoke to the doctor over at the hospital and also received a copy of his report from the ultrasound and NST yesterday. She said that the non-stress test came back fine and that the girls had nice strong heart beats and stuff. She said as far as the ultrasound goes, that he made note of the spot he saw in baby b’s head and said that he believes that it was just the angle that the baby way laying in and it looked like there was something there because it was really hard for them to get a good shot. He had noted that he wanted a follow-up ultrasound done next week to see if the babies had moved any so that they could get a better look at their heads. I told her no one said anything to me about having to have an ultrasound next week and I only scheduled the NST like they told me to. She said that after I hung up with her to call over to the hospital and tell them that I need an appointment for an ultrasound next week for a follow-up. I talked to her for a few minutes about it all and she told me not to worry about it. That she is sure it is nothing and the baby was just in a bad position. It’s a lot easier to tell me not to worry about it, than me actually not worrying about it (I worry about everything).

I called the hospital and explained my situation to them. The girl put me on hold so that she could read the report from yesterday. She came back like five minutes later and read to me what the report said and sure enough it said to come back next week. So I told her I had an NST scheduled for next Thursday morning and I would like to just do them both in the same visit. She was flipping through the schedule and said “I don’t think we’re going to be able to fit you in at all next week. We’re totally booked up”. I was trying to be as nice as possible but told her that they will have to squeeze me in somewhere next week. I am not about to wait until the following week to make sure that everything is ok with the girls and there isn’t a problem. She put me on hold again and then came back about five minutes later and was like, ok I squeezed you in right after your NST so you will just come in the morning and have them both done back to back like you did yesterday. I said thank you and I will be there next Thursday.

So as of now they are saying that everything is fine with the girls and I go back next week for another ultrasound. Hopefully the girls will have moved into a better position and they will be able to get a good look at both of the girls heads to rule out whatever they thought they saw. For me, I am just going to try not to worry about it until then. Like I said, a lot easier said then done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home