Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11th Doctor’s Appointment…

This morning I had my weekly appointment with Dr. D to check out the girls and see how they are doing. John came with me today because I knew that she was going to talk to me about doing an induction or c-section and I thought that he should be there. I’m 38 weeks now and considered full term. I haven’t been having any kind of contractions or anything. I’ve just been having minor cramping and stuff so I feel like these girls are going to go the full 40 weeks if they are given the chance. I honestly don’t mind but I am worried about the girls being so cramped up in there and of course still the issue with baby “b” and my last two ultrasounds.

Last week when I saw Dr. D she said she would be checking me today to see if I was dilated at all and to see what was going on down there. We sat there waiting our turn and they eventually called us back. I lost a pound this week so I was happy about that. Then we went back to the room and were sitting again waiting for Dr. D. I had to pee so I was about to sneak out to use the bathroom as Dr. D was about to come in. I told her I’d be right back and ran to the bathroom. When I got back to the room she was out getting a doppler so that she could hear the girls heartbeats. John and I were just sitting there talking and when she came in she was like, “Your NST last week was good. When is your next one, tomorrow?” I replied yes. Her reply was, “Well, how would you like to have some babies instead?” John and I were just like huh… what???? She then continued to go on about how I was over 38 weeks and the girls are really getting cramped up in my belly. She said that with twins at this point and to keep going to 40 weeks there is a higher mortality rate than with a singleton. Plus, with everyone being unsure of the shadow that was seen in baby “b’s” head in my last two ultrasounds that it would probably just be better. John and I had asked her about the induction. I’ve heard some horror stories about girls being induced and being in labor for like 40 hours and then ending up having to have a c-section anyway. I did not want that to happen. She said that she would never allow it to happen and she would check me and see if I was dilated and effaced. I was two centimeters dilated and fifty percent effaced. She said that was enough to do the induction tomorrow. So she went out and checked the hospitals schedule to see if they would be able to induce me tomorrow! John and I were talking while she was out of the room and all I kept saying was that I wasn’t ready yet. I would also have to see if my mom could get off of work to watch Aiden. Also my sister Sandy and my best friend Dawn would need to be able to get off work because they are going in the delivery room with me and John. It's just crazy because I wasn’t expecting her to say do you want to have your girls tomorrow! She came back and said that we could do it tomorrow or we could wait until next Wednesday but she didn’t recommend me going past that.

John and I have been talking about it all day and I just don’t know what to do. If I did get induced it would be a lot easier because we would have my mom watch Aiden during the day and John would be home in time to put him to bed. Then at the same time I feel like we should wait until the girls are ready to come out on their own. If I wait to go into labor on my own it could happen at anytime which means that if it happens at night or in the middle of the night John wouldn’t be there with Aiden and we would have to call and wake people up and stuff. Plus, Dr. D would be the one delivering the girls and I really like Dr. D. I’ve talked to a bunch of people about it today trying to get everyone’s opinion on what they would do. The other thing is that if I wait until next Wednesday to have it done, I’ll be in the hospital on Thanksgiving and who wants to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving? Not me. So now I just don’t know what to do. Right now we have the induction scheduled for next Wednesday but we’re still talking about possibly doing it tomorrow. I seriously hate having to make decisions like this. I guess we’ll just keep talking about it and see what we decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home